View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
That's a really nice way to think about it - something the three of them did together - it's comforting.

When the auction items were first announced, it didn't give a "we're done playing forever" vibe. To me, John best "understood the assignment" of the auction (high value items directly related to the music - and he probably kept a bass or 2 to play with), Chris seemed to be Marie Kondo-ing a storage unit from her old house, and Mick just scrounged up whatever junk he could find.

As for BLY's original topic of this thread, I think she may have known too. Perhaps she wasn't sick yet, but she "knew" in the sense that she had some of her mother's clairvoyant abilities. This collection was something she could get out quicker than that blues record she'd hoped to make, or BuckVie II, or even a compilation of her actual biggest hits (as there would be more red tape involved in getting the rights for her FM songs). She knew for sure that she'd be around to see this record released.
i guess John could have kept a couple. it just seemed like he got rid of so many of the important ones.

and chris's comments in her interview about just wanting to 'stay alive' just strike me as her dry sense of humor. I mean, Mick said a few months ago how he wants songbird played at his funeral, but I don't think that means he has a premonition that he's about to die....She has said in the past that her brother definitely had some of her mum's abilities, but that she didn't think she inherited any of her powers. However, it did appear that chris had been talking more and more about her health issues and discomfort and pain, and also a bit about john's declining health as well. I suppose 80 was looming large, and she was feeling her age, but i don't get the vibe that she knew she was about to die.

but in any case, i'm glad she released what she wanted. glad she saw that she got a grammy nomination, and that Everywhere was catching on with a new generation. glad she got back into life, and was able to travel so extensively on her own, and tour with her band, and write new songs and make new music. glad in a way that she didn't pass away too suddenly, and that she had an exhusband who fortunately was healthy enough to be able to travel, who went to be with her in her last days, and remained with her until the very end.

she accomplished a hell of a lot. she was quite an amazing lady. i still really miss her being in the world.

-Lis