View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't doubt that Stevie will eventually participate either, but the process of pulling her teeth to get her there has already tainted the experience. It's hard to get excited about her being on it, if she clearly doesn't want to be. That doesn't mean that the music won't still sound good, whenever it is released. I'm sure that there will be some real gems from all three, but I do think something that should have been joyous has already been soured.

Moreover, I don't think her ultimate contribution will be worth the years of delay. I don't know why they can't put out new music now, without her, and then put out more music later in 2017 when she's ready.

I'm also not looking forward to the interviews she will inevitably give describing what a magnanimous sacrifice she has made by taking part in the album, how angry, impatient and jealous all the others were, and how everything wrong with the album is not only not her fault, but something she fought against. If everyone had listened to her, all the album's bad parts would never have existed. The album is still an embryo waiting to be fertilized, but I already know how the interviews are going to play out.

Michele
You make some very salient points!

It's not that she doesn't want to to be on the album; she just wants to regain her power of choice. In the past she was more tolerable in weaving her solo career around her responsibilities to Fleetwood Mac.

The timing of Christine's return to the band was the catalyst. It clashed with Stevie's solo plans. She was likely obligated /pressured into committing to this extremely extensive tour.

Stevie initially seemed so excited and enthusiastic when Christine rejoined. I foolishly thought it was in terms of collaborating and recording new music with her. I can understand why this slavish tour has soured her interest in investing any more time with them.

It's frustration, not jealousy that divides them. Stevie has it easier compared to the rest of the band. Since she doesn't play an instrument, they carry most of the weight. She just has to contribute three songs, and sing harmonies on a few other songs. Why would this seem such a burden on her?