View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 06:37 AM
Ledgie

A few thoughts in the light of this show, comments and where we are now:
I still wonder (apart from the obvious reason) WHY they did this type of show? There can't be many bands of their iconic status to-day who would perform -or need to perform-only one show in a year. As regards the future album/tour....nothing semms to be definite yet, and , as has been pointed out , time is marching on.
Another album would be so special for so many reasons, but if there is a tour it will not be a tour of the album as such. Indeed, we can be sure that the set list of 'Greatest Hits' will not vary significantly from all the previous tours. I mean, how can they surpass the 'On with the Show' setlist/ performance? The reality is that all the bands/artists of their era rarely play anything in their set from even 10/15 years ago. Look at the Stones and the Who!
The question of health/age issues has already been mentioned and is a serious matter of concern.
When I left my final show in Dublin last July I was happy,contented and blessed to have seen the Rumours line up reunited with such amazing shows and felt 'That's it - they've gone out in style. Be thankful for the memories - we won't see anything like this again'.
I hope I'm proved wrong, but one year on I still fell the same.