View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's always been my impression that "Mirror Mirror" was to be her third album and that the project was far enough along that it was starting to be promoted and may have had a release date...A few years ago I ran across old MTV "Music News" footage on youtube and one of the things was an announcement that Stevie's new record would not be coming out because it was being shelved and she was starting over with new songs (not an exact quote but it was something along those lines) unfortunately I have never been able to locate for footage again...

I did some digging in the old threads here and it seems our memories were a bit better 10 years ago...The post following seems to confirm that "Mirror Mirror" was abandoned at the last minute...

From the "Rock A Little" a missed opportunity thread (post #21)

"The album that eventually became "Rock a Little' was slated to be realeased in July of 1984 .She was so close to releasing it then that ads were taken out in Billboard and Rollingstone in June heralding the lp's release the following month.At the final hour the album was scrapped because Stevie felt the album did not sound right.I know that Joe Walsh had played on some of the tracks one of which surfaced as 'One More Big Time Rock and Roll Star' other tracks rumored to be on it were "Chanel Chanel' and "Battle of the Dragon'.After this stories appeared that Jiimy Iovine had been fired or quit.Later Iovine admitted he had bowed out due to Stevie's esculating cociane use,but it seemed he was called back in to doctor up some tracks toward the end of recording in 1985 .At this point in Stevie's life it would seem even Mother Theresa's patience would have been tried as her record producer.The cocaine and cognac had ceased to give and were now detracting from her art ,and of course as we all know the Klonopin that followed would be no panacea to her waning creativity.I do think TOSOTM was a better album however, her spacy vocals on it actually enhanced the 80s Euro- pop production .I think Rupert Hine had an understanding of what do do with Stevie's material .It's too bad, but not unpredictable ,that they had a falling out so vitriolic that they would never work together again"

I believe these are the Rolling Stones mentioned...Who wants to buy them and look for the "Mirror Mirror" promotions??? http://backissues.com/issue/Rolling-...4----Issue-423

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 03-31-2015 at 11:14 AM..