View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Hi there! We’re near to another anniversary of the release of Out Of The Cradle, first studio album of Lindsey after his departure from Fleetwood Mac, and I want to make a thread with my own opinion about my favourite Lindsey's album (then Go Insane, I think...). And, obviously, I invite you to discuss what do you think...
I can start telling you that I found this album by casual circunstances, watching first the video of Countdown on utube. Then I heard the rest of the songs, and wow, they’re wonderful!
enjoyed your analysis! i'll try to fill in what i think of some of the songs:

01. & 02. Instrumental Introduction - Don't look down: one of my top 3 songs on this album

03. & 04. Wrong and Countdown: i love Wrong video and all it's quirks... but not my favorite song to listen to... same with singing parts of countdown although i do enjoy the guitar, especially that one Letterman performance.

05. All my sorrows: nah. LB seems to love this song.

06. Soul Drifter: unlike most other people, i do not like this song (musically). i always skip it.

07. & 08. Instrumental Introduction - This is the Time: love it - as you said, rock on! especially those guitar battles that were a part of OOTC tour!

09. You do or you don't: i love this song - and BTLH. but my favorite parts of this one vs BTLH are different.

10. Street of Dreams: i know it's extremely personal for LB... but nah for me, sorry.

11. & 12. Spoken Introduction - Surrender the Rain:another one i'm not crazy about and diasagree with most other LB fans it seems.

13. Doing what I can: love the beat. and agree with the dance beat.

14. Turn it on: absolutely LOVE this one. so glad he brought it back out during last year's tour. possibly my favorite song on the album.

15. & 16. This nearly was mine – Say We’ll Meet Again: eh.

so i guess in conclusion, i'm not nearly as big on OOTC as everybody else seems to be. to me SWS and GOS are my number 1 and 2 LB albums. but i am probably biased b/c SWS is the only one that came out since i've been a fan.