View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Sometimes I think we were totally leading parallel lives lol. Did you stay up to watch the MTV documentary about the making of her album in Switzerland, too?! I remember I didn't have any videotapes so I ended up recording it on an audiotape, with my boom box propped on the kitchen chair next to the TV. I just tossed that tape when I cleaned out my basement during covid ��

--Lis
I would have stayed up all night to watch it on MTV except for the fact we did not have MTV. I would have sawed off my own foot to see it. I remember during her concert before "Too Much Is Not Enough" she asked everyone "Do you guys have MTV?" and she said how it was performed there. I felt deprived that I could not have seen it.
Back in those days there was no internet. The only way to hear about concerts coming to your city was the Sunday paper or if it was announced on the radio. But there was a third option. The rock station had a telephone number you would call and list off all the acts coming to down at various venues. When I called the number one day and heard Christine was coming to town I almost fainted. Generation Z will never understand that back then people called a number to find out the weather and what concerts were coming to town.
But I did record the HBO Mirage show from the TV on my tape recorder at 2am on a school night!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-26-2024 at 02:19 PM..