View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyhelena View Post
Blurred Lines is absolutely foul. The objectifying of women's bodies that goes on in the video, the lyrics that LITERALLY talk about the ~blurred lines~ of consent... And the fact that a song with such awful content could be kept at number one on the charts for long periods of time in multiple countries by people streaming and buying it? Ugh, just thinking about it makes me mad.
I'm not arguing your point, 'cause I totally get it, but I hear the lyrics differently. To me, the 'blurred lines' were those of relationship boundaries and monogamy. He's singing to a girl who is in a relationship with someone else, yet who is being very flirty with him despite that fact. He thinks her other guy is a schmuck and says 'I'm here to liberate you' He says to her, you're a good girl, but I know you want it (me), even though you have a boyfriend. The lines of fidelity and monogamy are what I interpret as being blurred. Maybe I hear it differently because I am male?

Have you seen the parody with a female group singing about a boy? Hilarious. Even has boys in booty shorts and heels, dancing.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case