View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Hey Jeffrey,
You made $880 off of this deal. The least you could do is answer the guy's question. You could do it in private through the private mail function on this board. Maybe the person who bought the record could help out with some info? Come on. You know you're out there.
This guy Jeffrey came on here to advertise and checked back while the auction was active, but I doubt he reads this board at all now. Certainly this is not the place he would choose to discuss matters pertaining to a potential lawsuit. So don't hold your breath, in other words. I assume Javier has used other means to contact him than this message board, because trying to engage him through this medium most probably will not garner much response. Although if he is out there, I encourage him to be honest, because if he truly acted in ignorance he has nothing to be afraid of.

This whole thing is so incredibly odd. Javier is credited as songwriter, yet the band is not credited as the performers? You'd think it would be the other way around, since the name Fritz would be the selling point - and if they're making up one thing, why not make up the other as well? There is no way this could sell without the Fritz name - even Jeffrey had to convince us all this was really Fritz in order to get his money. As you can see from responses on this very thread, not everyone even believed it was, which perhaps kept the price from going even higher (though it certainly went higher than it should have anyway!). Therefore, the way this is done seems to shoot any seller in the foot even as it steals from the performers. Bizarre.

Javier: I'm thrilled you're making this material available. Thank you so much for your willingness to work with the internet fan community in order to get your material heard - and appreciated.