View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The thing I remember about Mick was that he said one thing to Lindsey, then Stevie came in and Mick changed his mind. It was a double album anyway with all the tracks. I think about 4 tracks could have been cut.

I just remember thinking, "Wow now I see why he wants Christine to be there."
I realize we're veering off topic here, but I don't place any blame in Mick for that whole scenario. If Lindsey didn't know by 2003 that Mick would say or do absolutely anything to keep his band together and keep momentum going forward, that's not Mick's fault. That's Lindsey's for not knowing Mick better.

Plus, like Mick said going into the project, it seemed like a great idea... very artistically pure. But when the financial realities started hitting, he realized it wasn't the best thing to do for the band as a whole.

No doubt, Mick was playing both sides of the card, too... telling Lindsey what he wanted to hear to get a Mac album started, then telling Stevie what she wanted to hear to make sure the album saw the light of day. I actually have my doubts Mick's flip flopping really surprised Lindsey, either. I suspect Lindsey was simply playing the martyr- something the man has done for the majority of his career.

The whole thing with Lindsey trying to tell Stevie to change her verb tenses was ridiculous, too. The woman once wrote a song with the lyrics: "she stares at the stairs..." . Lindsey was obviously just trying to get a rise out of Stevie (possibly as retribution for something she did earlier), and she took the bait. Her Dylan retort was equally as absurd. This whole damned band is absurd... why in the hell would Christine want to throw herself back into the shark tank?!

Damn, all this Destiny Rules gossip talk has me wanting to bust out the DVD & watch it again.