Thread: The Gay Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
Am I the only person who's like this? I close myself off (not consciously) to straight people in real life and only actively pursue friendships with other gay people. I think part of the reason is that where I grew up, I felt so isolated - I was the only gay person I knew. After I moved to Austin, I guess I decided that I'd never be in that position again. Perhaps I ended up overcompensating.

I've only started thinking about this lately, although I've been doing it for years and years. I don't think there's anything wrong with, I just think it's interesting.
I'm pretty much the opposite. Now that I'm in my 30s nearly all of my friends are straight. These days I relate to straight people better (unless they have kids), and the friendships are just easier. There's always either sexual tension or competition amongst gay men. When I was in my 20s I loved that part of the game. Nowadays I can't be bothered.