View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I remember listening and recording this live when it was on the radio. It was such a brief good feeling for the band. The band just got off a successful tour without Lindsey and then surprised everyone with 2 new songs and a greatest hits album right before Christmas. The video for As Long As You Follow was already heavily played on VH1. Not sure why MTV sort of decided to not play and promote it like they did for the Tango videos.
I listened to this again last night and I remember the warm, fuzzy feeling I had at the time. I thought As Long As You Follow was going to be a huge hit and the Fleetwood Mac would have strong legs into their next album. This warm feeling did not last long because I never heard ALAYF on the radio and the song did not even chart. It was a premonition what was coming.
In any event this is a good interview of the band at this moment in time. Mick had just gotten married. Stevie was new to klonopin. Rick and Billy were fresh and ready for action.
In this interview we hear why the Orange Blossom was chosen as the album cover. Stevie says she was born on Orange Grove. But did she not always say her and Lindsey lived on Orange Grove? John explains why he picked the penguin as the band's mascot. They talk about their new producer. Stevie gets asked about Welcome To The Room Sara and she is vague and wont spill the beans what the song is about. We also hear why Stevie gives writing credits to a woman on No Questions Asked. That was very nice of Stevie to do for her fixing her recording equipment.
If you never heard this before, its a good listen. Stevie kackles like a witch throughout.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXUJ...o9eUVw&index=1
I remember recording this one, too. On my Maxell tape lol... it was a process to sit there and cut out all the commercials! Anyway at around 35 minutes, John and Chris are very funny talking about copulating penguins and his tattoo. and stevie's cackle is a good accompaniment.

--Lis