View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
To me, the final nail in the coffin for a new Fleetwood Mac-branded album was when Stevie extended her solo tour into 2017. That action alone told us everything we needed to know. She's not going to be a part of the album, period.

Regardless of our wildest hopes, this album that Christine and Lindsey are working on will not surface with the name Fleetwood Mac on it. The only way I possibly see any of their material surfacing with the Fleetwood Mac name on it would be an online-only EP release prior to the next 5 fireflies tour.

Now do I see Lindsey and Christine releasing a duet album? I think that's entirely possible, and I hold out hope for that. Would they tour behind it? Possibly an abbreviated theater tour. This sort of tour would undoubtedly get rave reviews from fans and critics alike. The likelihood of both happening seems a bit far fetched given the clock is ticking and the next FM tour is fast approaching, though.
Exactly. I don't see how there is time to do everything now. I don't see how they could have time to rehearse and conduct a short tour (without Stevie) prior to the huge world tour. It takes so much time to rehearse, get promotions, book hotels, etc. Its quite possible the "new album" will be pushed until another day well after the world tour.
Its a shame because I wanted a FULL and REAL album. But now it could be an EP.
I hope I am wrong but I see the worst case scenario happening. But lets remember, this is Fleetwood Mac after all. I do agree with you that with Stevie extending her solo tour well into 2017 says she wants nothing to do with the band until the big tour rehearsals. I am optimistic but its getting hard to stay that way. I just feel so bad for Christine. She is so full of life and wants a Mac album before the tour. There have not been any reports of the Mac members working. I think they have shelved everything until maybe someday finish these songs. Maybe Mick was right when he hinted and doubted the songs may never be heard.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-09-2016 at 11:37 AM..