View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 04:07 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post

Also, I might add that I just received over 30 personal messages and posts from Bob Welch friends and fans saying they couldn't get accepted on this site. Please tell me why that would be? By the way, I have the original copyrights of the songs on that first album with the manager prior to Steve's date, and also Bob writes about when he came to London after Judy Wont brought his name up to the band and it was in the winter and he was having to put coins in the heater in his apartment every few hours to keep warm before moving to Benifold. What are your credentials anyway? Feel free to contact me in a private message on my Facebook page. Wendy Welch.1232 and we'll talk privately. I don't use a pseudonym, and I have Bob's personal writings which I might quote to you. Were you around or alive then or did you know Bob or any of the other Mac people? I would be curious. Because you are very misinformed. Just like you said, Christine played with them in the studio, you are also misinformed about when Bob was called to be in the band or decided to leave.
Whole lotta stream of consciousness happening there. Wendy... look... there is absolutely no reason whatsoever as to why anyone shouldn't be able to join this site. We do not pre-screen members here. Occasionally old troublesome members return, or new members sign up with multiple user names, and we know that by their email addresses, IP locations, etc. But to say 30 people "tried to join and couldn't" and imply that there's some conspiracy here is absolute lunacy. I mean it Wendy; lunacy. It's something you've cooked up inside your own mind, or someone else has and you've chosen to put stock in, and I hate it for you because you're believing in an absolute falsehood. How would we know if someone was a Bob Welch friend or fan prior to them entering information to join the forum? And even if we did hold something against them for that reason, why deny them access to this forum? It makes no sense. We have neither the man (or woman) power, let alone the most remote of desires to conduct such behaviour. So please, I am truly being sincere when I ask that you do us as a community (and yourself) the courtesy of moving forward by ending such insinuations. SteveMacD made a great suggestion about getting Bob's work on iTunes and making the focus about his music again. Better words on the matter haven't been spoken.