View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Not you. Mr Chili! He knows damn well that Stand Back should not even be mentioned in the same breath as, Don't Let Me Down Again. Even though, the guy has a point.
But if I comb my hair differently, you won't be able to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ok, this I agree with. It's Fleetwood Mac. They should honor the whole library in some fashion.
Imagine them performing something like "Did You Ever Love Me" with Lindsey. That would be so fresh, so brave, and so truthful to what they used to stand for. I agree that they are becoming a facade of themselves. What surprises me is that Lindsey goes along with it. He was the one that wanted to be a visionary artist. They are now a FM cover band. There I said it.

Am I going? Yes, because it's my last chance to see them together. Not just Christine, but all five of them. I'm excited to see them. They better perform the crap out of these tunes because I've heard them 1,000,000 times.
Exactly...I can hear (in my bizarrely wired brain) them even doing a killer version of "Albatross" with Lindsey & Christine doing the harmony lines...they did it on "Sunny Side Of Heaven", they could do it on "Albatross" as an "after Songbird" song!!!! If Chris & Lindsey are REALLY on some creative burst as they claim, re-effing-arrange "Morning Rain" into a more commercial sounding song...even if the music doesn't bear any resemblance to the original, just lyrically. Make those old songs their own...SHOW some of that "visionary creatively". I'm thinking that whole "visionary" crap was some ego-induced illusion inside some "whiney" guitarist's self-centered mind. "Hey, Buckingham...Copernicus called...."