View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I have NOT read all the posts regarding The Ledge's Wendy Welch controversy. I have an uninformed, perhaps even "stupid" question. Do we have evidence that the person posting under Wendy Welch's name is actually Wendy? This is the internet and anyone can post anything at any time. I know I must have missed some small detail. Please educate me.
I have often wondered the same thing. I am inclined to believe it is indeed Bob's wife Wendy, since the tone and subject of most of her posts were entirely in line with her facebook posts on Bob's page once Bob died. Only someone who knew Bob's password or had access to Bob's computer could continue managing his facebook page. (I was a friend of Bob's. Once Wendy began using his page as a vehicle for attacks against existing FM members, I defriended "him.")

Also, she has often referenced "insider" tidbits of information, no matter how subjective or even distorted her presentation of them might have been.

That's what leads me to assume it really is her. However, your question is a good one. I have wondered, sometimes, if "Jeremy Spencer" is really Jeremy Spencer. Again, I am inclined to believe it is. And am thrilled he is here. But with the internet being what it is, you never know for sure.

Should Wendy have been banned? I trust Michelle and the other Ledge moderators who work hard to provide this service for us. Personally, I might have kicked her off months ago--but that was because she rubbed me the wrong way, which is not, in itself, sufficient grounds to ban someone. Michelle was right in giving her a long leash and letting her speak freely, within the parameters of what is acceptable on this board. She was occasionally reined in (told not to create new threads for already existing ones) but never censored. But once she began making accusations that could harm the ongoing existence of the site, she was kicked off--or at least that's how I read it.