View Single Post
Old 08-23-2023, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Couldn’t care less who wrote it or what album it originally appeared. The song was perfect for Billy’s style.
Absolutely. While I was not overwhelmed with Billy's GYOW or Oh Well, DLMDA was his style completely. It was a really good version. I had recorded the Pittsburgh show and at the end they were sort of improvising at the end going back and forth "Dont YOU, let me down again, then Stevie: Dont YOU let me down again. That part was not in the opening night in Ames.
I also do recall the song was tested out once in 2004 and never played again. I suppose the masses just stared wondering what song it was and dropped it. Fleetwood Mac must be one of the few mega-bands that feels uncomfortable playing songs they want to do but their "fans" dont know them.

On a side note, I wish we had a real concert and not a lip-synced slick music video of the Tango show. It would be cool to have a professional recording of the song being performed live.
I know it was the 80s but what a lost opportunity

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-23-2023 at 07:16 AM..