View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It would have been better received had it been released in 88-89. A lot of it is interchangeable with his TITN songs, so it still felt pretty ‘80s. Musical sensibilities had moved on by that point. “This is the Time” is the only song that might have connected had it been released sooner. Otherwise, it felt a little too coffee house rock.

For me, OOTC exposes Lindsey’s limitations as an artist and how much his music benefited from having Mick and John playing behind him.
I agree 100%. Especially, when Lindsey does all the instruments (again). His bass playing is so boring. His keyboard work doesn't have that Christine funk and flare. And his percussion was as if he was giving a class in imitating a drum machine.

Also, the freshness of this album did get stale by waiting so long to release it. What was he waiting for? I do love a lot about this album, but it's slightly safer than the little amazing package that Go Insane is. Of course, IMO.

I've always wondered what his tunes would be like if he fronted a real band in the studio. I'd love a "rock" album from him.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-04-2022 at 04:32 PM..