View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
So, although it was disappointing that Mick's book spent 90% of the time rehashing stuff that was also covered in the first book, I did love how he touched on The Dance and Lindsey trying to keep Chris:

I realized this and I always had the sense that although he'd left the band himself, Lindsey took Chris' leaving rather personally and that he was upset when she wouldn't return for SYW. I always think of Stevie saying that Lindsey decides whether he wants to be in the band or not and then the others say yes or no. To me, when Christine said "no" Lindsey somehow felt she was saying no to him, not just the band as a whole.

Mick said that Lindsey started to believe that Chris would return during the early stages of SYW and Lindsey thought her leaving was a momentary phase. "I think he was holding out in the hope that Chris was coming back. If she had, what he was doing would have been the perfect template for the band to resume in the way we were used to."

When it didn't turn out to be, it hurt Lindsey and his comments about Christine in 2003 and 2004 always sounded to me like he was hurt and feeling sour grapes.

Michele
Reading between the lines even more Michele, I always thought that Lindsey "had a thing" for Christine!!!