View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yes, Come a Little bit Closer and Why are very similar songs. Not in structure but in the feel and emotion.

I’m dancing to the music of a simple melody and I wonder if you’re thinking of a single memory

I can just see her all on her own, putting the record player on and dancing slowly, glass of wine in hand. Maybe a cigarette as well. Thinking of that lost lover. Do you ever think of me or any of those times???
Lets dig deeper into the lyrics. From the first time that I heard the song, I interpreted the "When I see them swaying, I can hear myself say....." as some sort of jealousy feeling. She's watching the guy she loved dance with another girl and she is remembering the old times. But this emotional stripping away of all the glitz has me rethinking this interpretation. I think she is looking back with regret and wishing they got closer. So when she says, "when I see them swaying" she is speaking in third person about herself.

What do you think or anyone else? But I agree with you Fuzzy, its a very deep song like Why but it took the change of music to view it a bit differently.
Its also interesting that she played the intro to this song before going into Why in concert in 1974. Gosh I wish she was around to take questions on this