View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
Dear Ken,
I love the uncut studio version on "The Vaudville Years. ( October Jam #1 and #2) There you get the studio versions of both Underway and the two madges. Still though the spliced Then Play On versions are what hooked me onto jamming. It was like "The Greatful Dead "only with better players (my apologies to dead fans of which I am also one)

vinnie
I just ordered TPO deluxe, I've been off my game. I just found a great documentary on Big Star, and whiffed for two years.

Don't apologize for overrated jam band music. Had Peter Green stayed with FM, there is no way the Grateful Dead would've invited them back after that "Busted down in New Orleans" weekend months, and years later. FM made the Dead look amateur. It's an honor that FM with Green in early 1970 spooked the GD, yet GD still felt comfortable with the Allmans. 1970 Fleetwood Mac, and Allman Brothers were in a higher class of Jam Band, than the Grateful Dead. Even though FM came back later in 2/70 Fillmore East, Bear's mix turned down Peter Green's guitar during The Spanish Jam.

What's great about "Vaudeville Years", is the complete "Underway" studio jam. The "October Jam's" are unlrelated to TPO, as the album was released the previous month. The 10/69 jams were a foundation for a new album that never happened.

Last edited by slipkid; 01-10-2014 at 01:08 AM..