View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They never offered the job to just Lindsey! As pointed out countless times, anything they’ve said since 1997 has been a embellished. And, AGAIN, here’s what the two guys who actually had the phone call said about it:

So, two accounts from the two men who actually had the conversation told over twenty years apart and they’re identical. Furthermore, you’ll notice that the next phone call was to Mickey Shapiro to draw up contractual paperwork, not the McVies, so the whole idiotic “Christine had to like Stevie” storyline was crap, too.

We, specifically you and me, have had this discussion several times already, so you know the FACTS, and most of us old timers have mentioned numerous times that they started romanticizing and embellishing their story starting with The Dance, so I don’t get why you keep referencing something you know isn’t accurate by someone known to not be a reliable source of information?
Ok, roger that.

I shared what Stevie said. I don't believe her on the Lindsey said he wouldn't join without me since she is what you said "not a reliable source of information." But I do believe her when she said that Lindsey absolutely got her towards Fleetwood Mac, and I don't mean "you've got to take my girlfriend too." I meant Mick heard Lindsey's work on Frozen Love which led to Mick asking Keith Olsen about Lindsey (not Stevie), then Keith brought up Stevie and then the offer for them both to join happened.

Or is there a fact where Mick heard Frozen Love and said I want the lady who sang on that album and the guitar player on the album first and it wasn't that he said he wanted the guitar player first?

Also, I think you believe Lindsey was fired for his comment about The Classic Festivals and that he wanted to start a FM tour later and play solo dates in between FM concerts. Stevie said after 2018 that she wasn't willing to work with him anymore. What do you think the worst thing Lindsey has said to Stevie in recent years was? "You have no singing voice"?