View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
But I do believe her when she said that Lindsey absolutely got her towards Fleetwood Mac,
Nobody’s ever disputed that Mick called Kieth to have him ask Lindsey to join the band. Bob quit and the band had just gotten an advance. However, Mick didn’t know anything about Lindsey beyond he was a good guitarist. Once the equation was explained, Mick was on board.

Quote:
Or is there a fact where Mick heard Frozen Love and said I want the lady who sang on that album and the guitar player on the album first and it wasn't that he said he wanted the guitar player first?
Not really a fair comment, since Mick’s only context for what he was listening to was that it had been recorded in the studio he was scouting. He briefly met Lindsey, so being able to put a face with the guitarist also helped, but that’s all Mick knew.

Fleetwood Mac was founded by Peter Green, it was Mick’s idea to add Danny Kirwan, the band had had a revolving door of guitarists, and his brother-in-law was Eric Clapton. Mick’s natural inclination would have been to focus on the guitar player, especially since it was clear Bob Welch was burning out.

Quote:
What do you think the worst thing Lindsey has said to Stevie in recent years was?
Probably “I have no interest in doing a Buckingham Nicks reunion.” And, I think he stopped schmoozing her once Christine came back, assuming (as most of us did) that Stevie would be excited about making a Fleetwood Mac album with the full lineup. I think there was mutual bitterness surrounding LBCM. I also think they had very different visions for the 2018 tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins