View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoot View Post
slipkid: [I]

aleuzzi: I'm pretty sure she's the uncredited keyboardist on TMATTYD. I think Jeremy plays a more primitive piano on all the rest of the tunes.

If that's not her on TMATTYD, I don't know who it is. Jeremy wasn't bad either though, I wouldn't call his playing primitive by any means. A completely different style than Christie's, with more honky tonk elements infused. Most of what we hear on KH is JS. That production is every bit as much his as Danny's, he really shines throughout. But it's to DK's credit he was reined in a bit, and didn't go off the mocksong deep end. As it was, he was perfectly measured. I often wish they did a follow up, with Christy fully credited, but Jeremy's heart just wasn't in it. Of course they were all apprehensive, borderline gloomy, as to a future without PG.
Jeremy could play a mean piano but he often intentionally went in for that primitive piano style, especially on MW. For what it's worth, I think it's him playing the excellent piano part on the BBC version of Honey Hush.