Thread: Well, well
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yeah, I always thought another Buckingham/Nicks album would be awesome. But sadly it didn't do much for me. There's some magic in there but it seems so discombobulated as an album. Say Goodbye is an amazing tune. I feel that magic in places.

In The Meantime has a lot more of those magic moments for me. She had some nice soaring vocals and harmonies. She had those warm keyboards dashed with some of the McVie rhythm. She covered her nephew's composition "Calamy". The closing track, "Givin it Back" is very very (McVie/Buckingham). I love opening tunes Friend and You Are. There's some discombobulation on In the Meantime as well, but her album is so much more relaxed and warm. And So Sincere..
In TOTAL agreement with you on ITM having more magic moments than SYW which, though strong, seemed like a collection of songs by two very different writers whose styles don't seem to mesh completely. There are so many more Fleetwood Mac-like moments on ITM! The ones you mentioned are highlights, of course. ("Givin' it Back" in particular would have strengthened any Rumours-era lineup album.) I also love "Forgiveness"--such a great tune and so well sung.