View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Ledgie

Default Turning back the clock....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
At the age of nine, I had a 2 LP MCA collection of Buddy Holly songs. I was hooked for life. I now have a 2CD collection of many of the great songs, but I'm a little miffed that it doesn't have the GREAT song "Dearest" that's featured on the "Juno" soundtrack. It's only available as an import.

Yes, that song is one of my favourites of his, if not THE fave for me, as simple as it is. I bought it as a single while in art college in 1964 when it was titled 'Umm Yeah" and I wore it out. It had overdubs by Jimmy Gilmer's Fireballs, but nothing beats the acoustic version heard in 'Juno'. Beautiful; as are a lot of those he recorded in his NY apt just before he passed on.
This started me looking back at my Buddy Holly stuff... I know the track, but dementia seems to get in the way...

Where was I?

Oh yes; I found a 45 that I had bought back in 1963, What To Do, and the flip side is Umm Oh Yeah. Coral Q 72469... now I have to get the 'old record deck' and an amp and speakers set up because I cant sleep until I have listened to it again..... Thanks for triggering the memory, Buddy Holly started the whole musical journey for me.