View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
So today I heard that Mike Campbell said his favorite FM album is Kiln House! Very interesting choice, since it is an album Stevie had NOTHING to do with, and even Christine had a very small role in. I'm guessing too that "Station Man" will be in the set.
I heard this too--I also heard about their first rehearsal in Maui and his first meeting with Neil Finn--playing Oh Well (spoiler alert--probably in the set list) I heard a blurb with Stevie where she confirmed--FM only needed a guitarist when they took BN--so from her mouth...she is confirming they wanted Lindsey.
Tunes today:
Blue Denim
Sentimental Lady (I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear Lindsey play this)
Over my Head
Goodbye Baby
Big Love
So Afraid
Neil Finn going on and on and on---I am sure he's a very nice man, but OMG I think he would talk to a wall if it would talk back to him.

As I was stuck in MDW traffic today--it dawned on me--folks are really honing in on the "deep cuts" they are going to pull out for this tour---If I can take the other side of the argument (btw-I love FM pre BN so would be great to hear if I were going)they have no choice--they can only put so much Stevie solo in there, and they need to pull out a lot of Lindsey's stuff. Fine--throw a little "Don't Dream it's Over and Stop Draggin My heart around" in there-, "Stand Back" probably makes a comeback-they need to draw from their catalogue to fill 3 hours. FM fans will maybe tolerate 1-3 songs by CH and TPH but honestly--that's it. I think Lindsey is a bigger gap in the song line up then Christine was (the fact they did an EP and SYW helped) Stevie claims there are "11 songs they need to do" Well--at least 4 of them are Lindsey's--most of them are coming out. Tusk will remain because it show cases the band, but I would be so bold to say by the end of the tour, GYOW is gone (if it's even in there to start with)!