View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Behind the Mask?

Dead on arrival. I bought the cd on the day of its release, listened to it twice, and stored it away. It was a record full of duds and the magic was gone. There's nothing behind the mask but emptiness.

Then - I had to suffer through the 1990 tour when they decided to OPEN the show with "In the Back of My Mind". Stevie and Chris were wise to exit after this s*it show.
Besides the OWTS tour, the 1990 was my favorite Mac tour. I was too young and never saw Tusk, Rumours, or Mirage. I am sure they would have been my favorite. It almost seemed Chris was the ring leader. It was raw, supporting new material, and the last of the arena rock sound from the band. While the Dance was exciting to have Lindsey back we got neutered Chain and a very scripted and tame set. I think in some ways Stevie's tranquilized self allowed her to fall behind the other members of the band. She was always seen as the "star" and focal point. They really seemed like a band. I was awestruck when I left the arena in 1990 and was sad it was coming to and end (so we thought). The band rocked with Isn't It Midnight among other songs.