View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for the list of BBC recordings -

while all evidence points to March 17th, 1969 as the recording date, I have never seen the title "Good Morning Blues" in any reference book or Internet site - if you have seen it listed somewhere I would be very interested in knowing where - I'm not being smart, I am genuinely interested and would like to see what other information the book / site may have

there were supposedly three tracks cut that day at an "All-Star" Jam session after Fleetwood Mac's regular set for "Symonds on Sunday" on March 17th, 1969:

Two were lead by Duster Bennett, "My Shady Little Baby" and "Hot Roddin'"

and one lead by Alexis Korner, "New Worried Blues" - never released (even on bootleg) to the best of my knowledge -

"New Worried Blues" was a completely different song than "Good Morning Blues" so I do not believe it was simply of the wrong title being logged -

And again, while there is no intro or outro by the DJ on "Shady Little Baby", Dave Symonds introduces "Hot Roddin'" and the interviewer heard before "Good Morning Blues" is clearly Brian Matthews - thus my confusion

As to posting a "torrent" - I'll unfortunately have to leave that to a more tech-savvy Ledge member

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder