View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 02:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Hi! I've seen the "Making of" video for the BuckVie album, and there's a moment where Chris is singing on the recording of Sleeping Around The Corner...But of course all the backing vocals you hear are Lindsey's, so I guess Chris contribution on that point was very very low...

For what I remember on Chris return to FM, her voice wasn't the same, of course after years of inactivity, and I think she decided to leave the backing vocals work to Lindsey, not because her voice was bad (it never was), but maybe because the recordings were too advanced by the time she joined (or probably as you said, because it was all pre-recorded so she couldn't add anything new).
I'm curious if McVie was simply miming her vocal parts on "Sleeping Around the Corner" for the BuckVie documentary or if her parts are buried in the mix, but there's a strong possibility that she's not even singing on the song. "Sleeping Around the Corner" was almost complete by the time Buckingham presented the song to McVie given that the song was already released on the iTunes edition of Seeds We Sow, but it's possible that she added some organ to the new bridge.