Thread: crescent moon
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The crescent moon sybolizes many things. But Stevie was fascinated by mythology, and pagan beliefs during the 70s. She is a self confessed Anglophile. For thousands of years there have been pagan moon worshippers. If she's that big of an Anglophile, she surely knows all about Glastonbury, and the spirituality movements there. I suspect Stevie studied about all of this back then... she boned up on Welsh mythology, and ancient spirituality, and wrote about a lot of it in her songs. I'm guessing that's why she adopted the crescent moon. It's beautiful, mystical, and she probably felt like she identified with the ancient pagans, who above all, loved the earth, and the beauty of life, and were individuals.

Back then, she also gave crescent moons to her closest friends and family as gifts, and some of her friends even had crescent moon tattoos made. I think if Stevie gave you one, it meant you were very dear to her, or she thought of you as an individual stand out person, like herself.
Also, A symbol of a crescent moon is a symbol of a work in progress building towards your brightest potential. When the points face towards the left just like the waxing moon in the night sky when a crescent is building toward a shining light in the darkness as a full moon. To the right is to be shrouded or cloaked like the waning crescent that is moving toward a new moon which is invisible.