View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Keith Richards has probably come up with more great guitar riffs than all the other bands on the list put together (yeah, I know he stole some of them from Chuck Berry, but still...).
I absolutely agree with you Sharksfan , he has come up with some great ones He is The Riffmeister !. but the Joy of the Guitar Riff , if my memory is correct, used The Last Time, as a Stones example( which isn't a Stones song ,so the riff may not have been their addition ,and if it was, it was played by Brian Jones ,who probably invented it ?!) Also ,the prog broke it's own rules, and also mentioned and played Satisfaction (now that is a great riff !)
I would dissagree though that Mr Richard "comandeered " Chuck Berry's riffs, cause I dont classify (unlike the prog ) Chuck's intro(brilliant as it is ) as a true riff and I dont classify Chuck's major chord- major 6th blues shuffle as a riff and Chuck certainly didn't invent it anyway ( But he well deserves his place as an inventor,and pioneer of R&R - it was the way he played it and the very smart lyrics that he put to it and for his showmanship !)

Last edited by THD; 07-20-2014 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: punctuation