View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

aleuzzi: Kiln House is one of those rare, earthy classics without any pretention or glitz. All of the songs are catchy and played with an earnest charm so far removed from the Tango years you'd think it was not only a different band but a different century.

On the head! Refreshing, with a slight 50s-retro, country-tinged feel to it. You can also swing most of the GOOD songs to GREAT depending on your mood or time of day. I also like your "live" comments.

chiliD: "Mission Bell" has grown on me over the years...I used to dislike it immensely, but then I heard the original '50s hit again...Fleetwood Mac does it much better.

Funny you mention that. I remember going through a similar transformation, of not fully appreciating its charms initially (but that was a few decades back lol). But boy did that change as time went on. John carries that song with his gorgeous bass line, accented by taps and chimes. Jeremy's vocals are spot on, with Christy's additional backing sending it further skyward (including the opening refrain of "Say You Love Me" - how fitting). And then it ends! [the greatest gems always are short and sweet, you know]

Earl Gray - Danny continuing the tradition first set by PG with Albatross, Fleetwood Mac, Underway, etc., the instrumental interlude or closer. The tradition rolled on in Kirwan's My Dream and Sunny Side Of Heaven, then Welch's arpeggio laden Safe Harbor and spacey "semi" Coming Home. And lastly, Weston's ethereal Caught In The Rain from the Penguin project.

Hank Marvin & the Shadows' "Midnight" anyone?

Last edited by snoot; 12-12-2008 at 11:30 PM..