View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 02:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Peter Green

Also, as far as Peter Greenbaum ( his real name) did become schizophrenic and when I spoke to him when he had gotten out of the institute after over a decade, he was being used and living with Midge or is it Mitch, Clifford Davis' ex wife. He was under her control and very much being used by her and controlled by her and others. He was truly an innocent child. I spoke to him for over an hour or so in the late '90's and he definitely was not right, but he moved me. I so wanted to help him. If anyone didn't play music for money it was him. He pulled a gun on either the manager or the accountant, not sure which, if he sent him another check. He did not want his checks for his royalties and didn't believe in it in his mind space. He also could not concentrate enough to play with the other musicians in the band because he mentally just couldn't follow thru with it and would go off into tangents. I know Mick idolized Peter Green and gave him every chance he could. Peter was a genius, borderline. His song is still my favorite FM song, "Oh, Well". The song , his guitar playing and the lyrics were sheer genius, but he was so used and abused by so many. Ir is very sad. "Don't ask me what I think of you. I might not give the answer that you want me to. I talk to God and I know he understand. He said stick by me and I'll be your guiding hand." Who could say so much in such few words? God bless Peter Greene.

That's why Bob was urgently called by Judy Wong to move to England and join the band in February when Jeremy left FM in such a bind.