View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I think the article says that it's Christine trophy for the Gypsy video. I guess each band member got one, and after all Chris is a supporting actress in the video.

I can understand Christine getting rid of stuff. She comes across as completely unsentimental most of the time, and maybe there are some tax considerations for liquidating your estate while alive. But the shonky and shameless idea of selling off a bunch of random crap with "a portion" of the proceeds going to charity has the name Mick Fleecewood all over it. I imagine that whoever places the winning bid on Christine's historic baby grand will open the lid to find a one-month trial subscription to Fleetwood's Coffee Beans taped to the keys.
Very funny! If the coffee beans are in fact included, I may actually purchase the baby grand. But I really don’t get the hate by some folks- as you yourself said, it’s just “a bunch of random crap.” I get rid of my crap by donating it to Good Will, but only because I can’t get anyone to bid on it!

Same thing about Christine- of all of the members, she is the least sentimental. Frankly, I’m stunned she still has that dress from the back of the Rumours cover. A pack rat who keeps mementos of their tours, photo shoots, recordings, and clothing and accessories would seem to describe Stevie, not Christine.

I wonder how much the cutout board of John would fetch? I admit I’m curious to see how well those items do sell, but I don’t mind they’re doing this. I’m sure they talked it over with their families and the survivors of their estate don’t want them, so why not sell them? They get money and folks who pay that much will certainly take care of the items in question. It’s not like someone’s gonna buy those awards so they can be melted for scrap. I’m getting a sense of “I already hate Mick so now I can add this to the list of reasons why I hate him.”