View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
I know there's a boot around with Green from that tour playing rhythm guitar on a standard Kiln House era set.
Is there by chance a copy or link of that anywhere around here? I would love to give that one a listen, for old time's sake if nothing else.

There is a lot of myth surrounding that part of the tour.

I think much of it is based on kernels of the truth, but no doubt distorted over time. Like so many other things. Keep in mind, that was a six week tour Green participated in, so all kinds of things could have occurred over its course. I don't think we'll ever know how much myth supersedes fact in the equation.

As for the possible extended Black Magic Woman jams, anything is possible, especially on any given night. There was definitely an extra emphasis placed on jamming towards the end of the tour. For all we know, Peter may well have gotten bored with the Kiln House stuff - or just wanted to emulate what he did on that solo project he recently completed. After all, that's where his heart was at that time. But my suspicion is that this may be blown up a little, if it points to an entire concert based on riffing around one ditty.

The biggest problem, when looking back and trying to reconstruct events, is everything gets so damn cloudy. And I wasn't even stoned at the time! [Liquored up a bit perhaps, but definitely not stoned!]