Thread: Rumours (band)
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Same with this "Brooke" of Nightbird: Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac Tribute Band from the Houston, Texas area. They also have a woman in the band who plays Christine. They take their "roles" very seriously.

Every time Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks play a concert in Houston, Texas - you will ALWAYS see "Brooke" dressed in her Stevie tribute band stage wardrobe walking into the venue with her entourage. They twirl, dance, and play tambourines down on the floor. Stevie may be wearing tennis shoes on stage these days, but "Brooke" can still rock the platforms. It's a sight to see.

https://nightbirdofficial.com/
See and that's exactly what is so weird to me. Taking their costume and "act" so seriously. I would rather just see a cover band do a good job covering some Fleetwood Mac songs. I don't need to see a fake Stevie and fake Lindsey and fake Christine while the people actually playing the parts are in the background pretending not to exist. I'm not big on that "theater" aspect. It's fake and phony to me and I'd rather just sit on my couch and watch a video of the actual band than that. Wearing their garb to an actual FM or SN show takes the weird to a new level.