Thread: Rumours (band)
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
See and that's exactly what is so weird to me. Taking their costume and "act" so seriously. I would rather just see a cover band do a good job covering some Fleetwood Mac songs. I don't need to see a fake Stevie and fake Lindsey and fake Christine while the people actually playing the parts are in the background pretending not to exist. I'm not big on that "theater" aspect. It's fake and phony to me and I'd rather just sit on my couch and watch a video of the actual band than that. Wearing their garb to an actual FM or SN show takes the weird to a new level.
In Rumours ATL, really Stevie is the only one that plays the entire role. I mean, both bands have John wearing the "English driving cap", but there are no mannerisms being copied(and the one last week played bass WITH A PICK on The Chain). In Rumours ATL, I think Christine wears the old school scarf on her head, but that's it.

And I think people want to see Stevie being Stevie. She is(un****ingfortunately) the draw.