View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yes, completely. But if a member of my band spends ten minutes talking about herself at a group event, I’m going to show the political intelligence to stand very still and then take the mic and do exactly what that other person did: aggrandize myself and push my own memories and experiences forward and ignore the collective — for another ten minutes. I would have completely counterbalanced Stevie’s ego display with a display of my own. It wouldn’t have made for very interesting TV, but she wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on if she had tried to complain about me.

The others have never put the connection together and have never had the political intelligence to handle Stevie by being Stevie or taking her at her word.

If she was complaining about not being involved in the studio, ask her point blank to supply the keyboard, drums, bass, or guitar for a couple of tracks and tell her you need some rough tracks in two weeks.

If she complained about you in the press, tell the same pop music critic: “She had an interesting take and I appreciate hearing from her. However, here’s how I remember that incident.”

If she complained about how mean your lyrics were, complain about how mean and hurtful her lyrics were (“Rulers make bad lovers” is meaner than anything in “Go Your Own Way”).

Sign a copy of your albums and put them all on her chair at the studio — a big stack of them.

If she’s backstage during the show for too many minutes, cut your song a little short and go to the mic and ask, “Stevie? Will you be out here soon?”

YES!! so many great points, David! It's maddening none of them ever had the guts to do it.

I really hope that at least ONE of them said behind the scenes that it wasn't just Lindsey "smirking" behind the podium. Sadly, I wouldn't be shocked if they sat back with their mouths shut and let Lindsey take the brunt of it all. They sure did publicly. Even on national tv they sat back while Stevie spilled blatant lies, to the point that Christine can't even look up from her hands.

Lindsey was absolutely right that perhaps the Chain was more appropriate for an entrance song because they all had a hand in writing it. It's the only joint co-writing credit they all share. Stevie wanted Rhiannon for the obvious reason - thats one of her career defining songs. He should have suggested "You Make Loving Fun" and then see her reaction.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-24-2024 at 03:15 PM..