View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I want to say it was around 1994/1995. What's weird is after this guy was proven to be a fraud, there were rumors about Peter Green's passing. Within a few months, not only was Pete still living, but had started performing again. It was a weird period, but then what's new?
Brunning doesn't put a date to this story, but the book was written in 1990 so it had to be before that. Green's accountant David Simmons (previously assistant to Clifford Davis I think) told the tale of a guy pretending to be Peter. It was "at a time when Peter was quite reclusive".

One of Simmons' secretaries found him in a pub and she told Simmons, who phoned him. When challenged, the man "became quite offensive and bluffed his way out of the whole thing". He doesn't exactly say that he met the guy, but he does say that he looked a lot like him, with the same kind of beard, and that he even had his picture printed in a magazine of some sort. "He didn't run up any financial credit on the name. I guess he just enjoyed being Peter Green!"

It's about time we had another impostor - who fancies being Danny or Bob Weston or something?