Thread: Seven Souls
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
It just doesn't sound like the Seven Souls though to my way of thinking. I'm not doubting they are different versions but does it sound like the Seven Souls? Unless, and here is a spanner for the works, the single is meant to say "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown WITH the Seven Souls".

I mean the information available to us says it is the Seven Souls, and I wouldn't even doubt this if it wasn't that little bit on the back saying "TCWOAB BY the Seven Souls". It really makes no sense, especially as the other track was Sam & Dave. I'd understand the "BY" if both tracks were TCWOAB but they aren't.

Now I know that it was common for lesser known bands to cover the big hits, and of course Fire made #1 on the charts, so perhaps that's why 7S covered it, and tried to sound as much like the original as they could. Perhaps the mention of TCWOAB was purely to sell the extra album for those unsuspecting Spanish and French buyers who wouldn't read the description too closely but had heard the single across the Channel?
Yeah I'm wondering now if the "by" is the thing that got lost in the language translation and may not mean what we think it means. Who knows, maybe it's a different version of Fire by TCWOAB?! Good point on why would they make a big deal about TCWOAB by the 7S then side B isn't even a CWOAB song. This would make more sense if both sides were CWOAB songs. I guess we've reached a dead end in the maze.

John