View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
Would I love if Peter Green's FM featuring Jeremy Spencer got back together and play their old stuff? You bet I would. I think the idea of doing a collaborative album with all of the living and playing members is a nice one. John Mayall did a nice one a few years back called "Along For The Ride" which sadlly did not include Eric Clapton among others but did have Mayall, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood and Peter Green on the same song (along with Steve Miller) but not in the same studio at the same time

The cut is called "YO YO Man. I found out , to my chagrin when I was able to ask about the ccut to John McVie on this site, that he had no idea that Peter green was on the song with him. so it is fair to say a lot of legwork would need to be done to pull off such a feat again.

vinnie c

The biggest rift to mend isn't between Jeremy Spencer, and Peter Green; it's John McVie, and Peter Green. After all these years, John McVie is still angry that Peter Green tried to convince (then) Christine Perfect not to marry John. At the time Peter had his points, and he turned out to be correct. McVie was a raging alcoholic, as he was in Mayall's Bluesbreakers. Peter didn't drink at the time, so he felt above John with his "drugs of choice". In return, John McVie has convinced everyone (with Mick Fleetwood) that Peter Green completely lost his mind in Munich 3/70. The truth is in the middle. Peter's attitude towards music changed during early 1970, yet he played some of his best concerts in April of 1970. Green was not Syd Barrett, Roky Erickson, or Skip Spence. Green's decline was gradual. While LSD may have triggered Peter's illness, it may have taken longer to develop if he never took hallucinogens.

I reference the picture of John McVie kissing the side of Peter Green's head. It shows that McVie, and Green were very close friends at that time. I think Green's failed "intervention" may have altered Fleetwood Mac for the worse, at least for 1970-72.