View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I posted something about this in the Stevie thread but some of you might not go in there

The latest Men's Journal has a good interview with Tom Petty in which they discuss the track he collaborated with Lindsey on for the She's The One soundtrack which the author loved but which Tom says he doesn't really remember because he hated the album so much. Then he says that what he DOES remember is that he tried to get Lindsey to join The Heartbreakers, because he wanted someone else who could be a frontman in the band so he didn't have to take on that whole burden.

The writer then talks about how it was Stevie who really, really wanted to join his band and paints a somewhat unflattering picture of Stevie just following them around on tour and showing up at his house even though they made fun of her clothes and stuff.

There's some highlights of the interview online but the Lindsey stuff you gotta read in the magazine.

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/...-down-20140717
Reminds me of when Ken said she wanted to play percussive instruments on Rumours and they had her mic turned off. Then later had Christine or Mick handle it. You can also always hear Christine's tamborine or Maracas in a live setting, but rarely Stevie's. Anyway, another person eluding to the fact that people thought she was on cloud nine. But Stevie has the last laugh.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-30-2014 at 02:29 PM..