View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes. It was on youtube and I posted it here several months ago. If it is still there check out the Mirage show in NJ. That version of Sara is just as good as Tusk ones. She hits the highest of high notes during her ooooooooo ooooooooo oooooooo's
Its just an amateur recording and it sounds great. I can only imagine what a professional recording would sound like.
The 1988 Sara is like a Sasquatch in the woods. Often spoken about but never seen or heard.

Edit: I could not find NJY anymore but I found Memphis. Not as good as NJ but still good. I think this is the concert where Stevie finds out Robin died. So her vocals are a bit rough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R51YKmXo0T8
Oh youve sent me down the memory lane wormhole this morning! Memphis 1982 was one of the first bootlegs I ever owned. I paid someone $10 on eBay and they burned me a CD (my god how old am I?) and mailed it complete with a printed label and artwork for the case. It’s a bit rough and certainly less polished than what had originally pulled me into the 1982 live stuff which was the snippets of the Mirage Video I had been able to see over the years on the net long before YouTube and high speed internet!

Lindsey sounds absolutely sloshed by the end of the show. GYOW is interesting and where he brings the solo to a close and plays the bass riff or whatever you want to call it (the da-da-dada-da-daaa-da—-dadada daaaaaaaaa ….lol don’t any of you musicians come at me for this abomination, you know what I’m talking about!) is a bit of a shambles. He also sounds pretty hammered during Blue Letter “eryvoithyoueverheewwerd” which cracks me up.

I love how every show was different in the “before” times. You play me any song from a 2009 show or a 2014 show and I’d with a few exceptions not know the difference at all.