View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
What version is this? I thought there was only one version.Can you post recent links b/c when I clicked on it,it said not available(or something to that effect).Thanks!
What song are you referencing? Can't Go Back? If so, this isn't so much a version; it's an early instrumental template of the song. I first saw this clip on a bootleg VCR tape I obtained decades ago from a bootleg trade -- a seemingly primitive era, long before the internet existed. I never made the correlation between the two songs at the time.

Fleetwood Mac was in the early stages of recording Mirage, while Stevie was developing material for her second album. It appears that she used Lindsey's early instrumental track as a guideline for the gestation of Wild Heart. They released the album, and embarked a short tour. Then Stevie went to work on her second solo album. The song evolved into an epic saga with very little relation to the song that became Can't Go Back.

The clip is interesting from a historical standpoint. It' shows the song in primitive form, lacking the arrangement (and probably the lyrics that became the end result.
It's insightful for several reasons. It reveals one of the techniques Stevie uses to develop her songs. It's also the precursor of Sharon's and Laurie's assimilation into the Fleetwood Mac camp, after as Stevie formed life-long, sisters of the moon bonds with them in her Bella Donna phase.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-30-2015 at 04:31 AM..