Thread: Unexpected FM
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
So yesterday I went to The London Motor Show which was absolutely fantastic and for any of you that don't know, The Chain is the theme tune to the F1 so of course that was being played somewhere as I walked in. No surprise there.

The BIG surprise I had was that whilst inside looking at a brand new Rolls-Royce on a very glitzy stand, I could hear music being played in the background. As the next song started I could hear that it was YMLF so I thought wow, that's good at such a big event attended by people from all over. Then I realised, it was the live version from The Dance! How weird is that! They even kept the bit at the end with the applause and Christine saying thank you!

Maybe the organiser is a Mac fan and added The Dance to the playlist but I just thought it was strange to have that version at such a big event. I would just assume they'd play the one from Rumours.

Anyway, that was truly unexpected for me!

In October of 2014 when I went to go see Fleetwood Mac, we had gone out to dinner the night before the concert and when we got back to the hotel, You Make Loving Fun was playing in the hotel lobby..

The other night after work Hold Me came on the good classic rock station. I got in my car and it was still on a commercial so I waited to see if it was the last commercial and then the radio station came on and did their "we play only timeless music" spiel then I hear that opening piano riff of Hold Me and I blast the radio. It was awesome. It was the night after I posted a comment on here about how it's always better when songs come on the radio than it is when you play the cd in your car.