View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Are you new here?

I'm not completely through it all yet. Currently listening to the weirdest Blue Letter I've ever heard, although I like it.

Okay, I just listened to GYOW. I didn't think it was bad at all? Why do you? Because he doesn't play Lindsey's solo?

I was shocked to hear Billy playing the guitar riff on Oh Well. I don't think I've ever heard him play ~ANY~ lead.
I am very new!!

I like how they did Blue Letter. I think it’s a perfect song for Bekka and Billy - it’s very early era Buckingham Nicks reminiscent.

Mason’s solo on GYOW just seems to ramble and doesn’t go anywhere. I’m guessing that yes, it’s because it’s not Lindsey’s solo and is a completely different take. It just seems to wander aimlessly right from the start. Campbell stuck to Lindsey’s version for the most part but it came off absolutely terrible. For what it’s worth, the 87-90 versions were solid and definitely created more of a rock anthem type ending to the show.

I had to go back and rewatch Oh Well and it is really strange that Billy would play lead. I had to go look at a Rick era version to make sure I wasn’t losing it and that Rick played the riff back then.