View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
This is exactly how the scenario will play out. People can say that STEVIE DOESN'T WANT TO RECORD WITH FLEETWOOD MAC ALL THEY WANT, and that may be the case. However, those the subscribe to the point of view obviously don't know the EGO of the High Priestess. EVEN IF Stevie truly doesn't want to record with Mac, her EGO and INNATE NEED TO BE ON THE STAGE would NEVER let her sit out an entire album and tour. Especially since she only has to phone in 3 songs and show up at the studio for about 4 weeks. WHAT STEVIE DOES NOT WANT IS TO SPEND 9-12 MONTHS HOLED UP IN A STUDIO WITH LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM. It has nothing to do with Chris, John and Mick. This is about the fact the Stevie cannot stand working with Lindsey in the studio as a record producer. She's fine walking onstage with him every night on tour, where the contact is limited to acting for a crowd. Moreover, Stevie can talk all she wants about not recording with Mac, BUT when push comes to shove, she'll send them 3 songs and show up for 4 weeks at the end of the sessions. Case closed.
And I agree with this, so it looks like we are doing a whole lot of agreeing. She made it sound in that last interview that being in the studio was torture. And for sure she meant with Lindsey. I'm not a big fan of Tango in the Night and to me it sounds like the least integrated of all the FM CDs. I hope the CD does come out and that it's fantastic and that the resulting music sounds as integrated as possible.

Kevin