View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't recall Stevie ever saying she was forced to make this album. She has said it fulfilled her contract but she never said she was required to deliver an album by a certain time. Anything to that effect is speculation. As I mentioned in my post above she claimed at the time when Christine joined that she had a few months to kill and nothing planned so she wasn't thinking of contractual obligation only a few months before recording the album.
Yes, as BlueDenimLamp, another ledge poster stated--Stevie owed Warner/Reprise Records the final record of her contact by the end of 2015. Moreover, Stevie signed with Warner/Reprise for what appears to be a 5 album deal about 16 years ago when her contract with Modern/Atlantic ended. With the record label business as it is, management and A & R at Warner/Reprise has probably changed 5 or 6 times since then. She owed Reprise her final album, which she delivered. They had no intention of promoting it. "24 Karat Gold" simply fulfilled the contract so that both parties could move on. In fact, Reprise would have probably ended the final contracted album by releasing a GREATEST HITS/BEST OF record IF NOT FOR THE FACT that 2 records under her current contract were already "BEST OF" compilations ("Crystal Visions" and "Soundstage Sessions").

Thus, back to your original point......STEVIE WAS NOT CHOOSING TO SIMPLY MAKE A SOLO ALBUM AT THE SAME TIME THAT CHRISTINE & LINDSEY'S EARLY TRACKS WERE BEING RECORDED FOR A MAC ALBUM. It's simply not the case. As stated above, she was contractually obligated to Reprise when this new Mac thing came up. I've NEVER been one to sit on the "Defend Stevie" bandwagon (in fact, I'm quite frustrated with her reluctance to record with MAC in favor of a solo tour). However, let the facts be told. Therefore, I REALIZE that what I'm saying makes perfect sense.