View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well you present your case (and not poorly either), and I present mine. We'll have to agree to disagree then.

The two key points where we disagree the most are over who was behind the stiffing of Bob, and a full appreciation of that which Danny brought to Fleetwood Mac. I call that the unwritten story that those "smarter than thou" music critics will never get, with their ceaseless and blind obsession towards Peter at the expense of all else. Now of course I never knew just "star power" (ergo, the "stars" of a band) justifies inclusion at HOF. Novel concept they got going there, if nothing else. Maybe that's but another reason that Hall is so widely derided.

Now of course if that should really be the case (hmmm?), thank God Jerry pushed harder for his secondary, you know, non-Weir mates. Who knew how easy they might have been looked over, and expended for not measuring up. What a guy! Man, the tricks that guy can pull! And by extension (and not a mystery to me), what pathetic pushovers that makes Mick & the Gang! What can you say? Dead Power, never underestimate it!

And yes, reality - "as framed" - can be a real sumbitch sometimes, especially in all its glorious prisms and hues. Too bad too.

Ciao