View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
For me, at least the Time lineup actually did an album. The 2018 lineup had no creative output, not even a rerecording of the classic songs like many bands do when they have members who weren't original ones. (KISS, Blondie, Journey, Foreigner)

It's one thing to do a nostalgia setlist with original members, but doing one without especially when Lindsey was alive, to me seems wrong. That 2018 setlist shouldn't have featured any Lindsey songs and Stevie should have been singing Crystal, Angel, Sara, Love Is Dangerous in addition to her hits and Christine should have been singing As Long As You Follow, Love in Store, Warm Ways, and Brown Eyes in addition to her hits. DDIO and I Got You should have been scrapped for In the Back of My Mind and Stand on the Rock. And Freedom should have been the first encore song rather than Free Fallin'.
If FM had performed the songs you’d suggested, I would have gone to as many concerts as possible! Having said that, I really did enjoy DDIO.

Since they didn’t record anything new (or old), I actually think that makes it even easier to say their legacy is still firmly intact. A recording would have cemented that this was a new lineup, but without that, there’s really nothing tangible that this was a new lineup. If they had recorded a new album and it had bombed or gotten bad reviews, like they did Time, and if they had performed at smaller venues with several other bands on the bill, then yes, their legacy would have been impacted horribly. That didn’t happen in this case. I think history will show that even though Lindsey was fired, for all intents and purposes he was a member of FM. Christine’s passing is ultimately what led to the band no longer being active. Just my opinion, of course.